Monday, November 3, 2008

ho hum

Has this time change made anyone else feel weird? Jet-lagged perhaps? I have barely been able to keep my eyes open for the last two days, and if I'm gonna stay up til goodness-knows-when tomorrow night watching the election results come in, something's gotta happen stat!

This weekend, tons of cool stuff was happening in New York City. Halloween is a really big deal here. And the New York City Marathon was yesterday afternoon. Plus, a new park opened in our neighborhood. And we had nothing to do with any of it. So, sorry -- no photos this time.

There's not much to report from the Big Apple. Unlike Wisconsin and Illinois, New York doesn't have early voting (yet). I'm not sure what my workload looks like for tomorrow (some days I get home after 9), so I'm going to vote at 6 a.m. Our polling place is in Harlem, and it'll be interesting to see what the climate is like there. Ian is scheduled to work the breakfast and lunch shifts, so we get to have our own little election party. I'm relieved -- I didn't want to have to watch the results come in all alone.

Is anyone else nervous about what will happen on Wednesday? I think there are groups on both sides who could get violent if their guy doesn't win. I wonder how many Americans will call in sick.

Regardless, thanks to all of you who have been keeping in touch! We love hearing about your travels to Germany, Mexico, Paris, Napa, Ireland, and everywhere in between, plus all that's happening on the home front too. What interesting lives you all lead!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This has been an Interesting and Historical week! Did you pick up one of the thousands of New York Times newspapers with the Obama headline? I am saving our little Wisconsin newspapers for fun (don't tell my better half)...

I am very interested to hear more about your forray into Harlem for voting - and am looking forward to exploring all that is new in your neighborhood.

I do have one complaint - it seems patently unfair to list all that food and then ask if one of them trumps being with the family...
So, okay, I confess - it's the cranberries ;) but I'll have to vote for the people!

There is a nip in the air - and snow in the forecast for Wisconsin this weekend...Thanksgiving Season for sure!