At this time of thanksgiving, I want to pass along this message from our Waukesha chiropractor, Dr. Jason Lauer. I'm resolving to remember these things year round:
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than a million that will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you can attend a religious meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.
- If you have a refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of the world.
- If you have money in the bank or in your wallet and spare change in a dish someplace you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
- If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
- If you can hold someone's hand, hug him or her, or even touch him or her on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God's healing touch.
- If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you and furthermore, you are more blessed than 2 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
- Refocus your energy on the good that happens every day. Refocus on the people you love. Focus on those that love you. Remove your focus from the things you can do nothing about.
I'm so thankful that all of you are a part of my life -- I am truly blessed. Be well.