Saturday, August 16, 2008

1.3 million are hungry in new york

Yesterday I got the exciting news that I've been chosen to head one of the teams in our first-ever virtual food drive challenge at The Knot Inc. (apparently because I'm "spunky" -- boo). We'll be raising money for the Food Bank for New York City, according to whom, about 1.3 million people across the five boroughs rely on emergency food resources. (This is appalling.)

If you feel so compelled -- and don't act like you didn't know this was coming -- you too can donate on behalf of our team! Just go to our food bank donation site and then let me know you made a gift (I don't need to know how much) so we can add you to our list of supporters.

I'm especially happy to take on this challenge because the specific food bank we'll be helping is Community Kitchen in Harlem, the neighborhood where Ian and I live, plus donations go to buy uber-nutritious perishable food. If we can help just one of the people who begs near the 125th Street subway station, it will make this project worth it.

Go Team Broccoli!

No comments: