Friday, March 5, 2010

in with the new

Happy March, everybody!

Imagine...seven days ago at this time, we were still Manhattanites. We're pretty much settled here in Wisconsin, and life no longer feels like a vacation. This week has been a whirlwind for us, and we've checked off a lot on our to-do list; a number of "firsts" among them -- our first car is probably the biggest (although my Nordic Track debut seemed monumental too -- whoever compared it to an elliptical has clearly never tried one).

Even though we test-drove a number of makes and models, we just couldn't stop thinking about the sweet Civic at CarMax. It feels and looks nearly identical to the car I was so sad to leave when we moved to New York -- a great transition for me after not having driven for about three years (don't worry, I didn't forget how...no need to pull over if you see me coming).


The car (and the Nordic Track) aren't the only new things happening here: Ian's hooked himself a job and I've made a substantial freelancing connection. Before we know it, we'll be back in the 50-hours-a-week world, and will look back to today and think, We thought that was everyday life? I'd better go enjoy the freedom while I can...it's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend.

It's good to be back!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet ride!

MLT said...

AMAZING work in less than a week's time! So impressed. Congrats you two...cannot wait to hook up sometime soon! xo