Sunday, January 4, 2009

the award for first visitor of 2009 goes to...

Cesia Kearns!


Cesia was one of Ian's closest friends at Catholic Memorial High School. They were both on the fencing team, and even went to prom together!

Late last week, Cesia tracked us down ("I had an old Hotmail address, but thought, Who still uses Hotmail?" Ian, luckily!). She said she was in New York and hoped we could get together -- we were free! Since she and Ian last hung out nine years ago, the only time we'd seen her recently was at a few weddings, so it was really nice to spend some time together. Last night, we met at a pub in the Village called The Blind Tiger and then took a walk around the neighborhood, stopping at Washington Square. I doubt we'll ever run out of things to talk about.

So that was our first visitor for 2009. Hope every one of you is on the list too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed at a couple things - I recognized Cesia (not much credit to me, she looks the same!) and I recognized the arch (hooray for visits to NY!) What a happy thing that Cesia tried that old hotmail address...
We definitely want to be on the visitor list for 2009 (Dad has already suggested Valentines Day) -we'll be in touch Very Soon about possible dates. Is there an award for Most Visits? Watch out - this could involve a much bigger dose of the in-laws than you bargained for ;)

Anonymous said...

Keith and I would love to come out again, but I think we'll have to wait until next year...Maybe we can squeeze a visit in before my travel restrictions hit.. :) But plan on us for 2010! So glad Cesia was able to visit!