Tuesday, October 7, 2008

the other kind of news

I love posting good news on the blog, but because the reason I created it was to let you know what's going on in Ian's and my life, I feel the need to publish the bad stuff too. And, unfortunately, that's what I'm doing today.

This morning we got the sad news that Ian's grandma, Alda Kroll, has passed away. She had been in the hospital for a few days and things were bad enough that her three kids (including John, Ian's dad) flew to California to be with her, so we were prepared for the worst. Ian will be flying to California toward the end of the week so he can be with his family.


Because we lived so far apart, I only met Grandma Kroll twice. Ian and I were so happy that she was able to come to our wedding -- here she is, in top form at the dance! But even though I didn't know her well, I could tell that she was a kind woman who was very dedicated to her family, ready to welcome me into their ranks with open arms.

Please keep the Cliffe, Kroll, and Hunter families in your thoughts and prayers. I know they, and all of her loved ones, are really going to miss her.

photo by Kristin Johanneck

No comments: