Thursday, November 4, 2010

first, the good news

In honor of my friend and mentor Nelia Beth's visit yesterday, I made a treat I'd been craving for quite some time: Butterscotch Blondies. These bars are quite easy, and you probably have everything you need already. Plus, my brother-in-law, Andy, has proven that they're a great base for additions like chocolate chips and M & M's. Hungry? Click here for the (light!) recipe.

And now for the bad news: The day after we bought my car, I got rear-ended by a woman who I highly suspect was talking on her cell phone when she drove into me at a stop sign. Her pickup doesn't have a scratch on it, but my poor car is sporting a pretty big dent (and until this morning, a dangling license plate light, visible at right). I don't doubt the car's great safety rating: I definitely heard the impact but hardly felt it.
Now I just have to wait for her insurance company to approve the ($1,800!) bill. The man who did the estimate told me he thinks it will take two weeks before my car's fixed. Thank goodness I'll have a loaner. Have you ever been in an accident? How long did it take the shop to do the repairs?

2 comments:

morethan15minutesoffame said...

Back in 1999, dear old mom had a "service engine soon" light that came on inside her 1996 Chevy Lumina. Being the nice daughter that I am, I allowed her to drive my 1996 Chevy Corsica to work that day. Lo and behold, as she was driving around the Highway 32 curve in the city of Sheboygan Falls (in an effort to avoid an accident since it's hard to see when you're driving away from the intersection's stop sign), a woman plowed into her. My mom had to exit the car through the passenger's side door by climbing over the shifter. Since my mom refuses to go anywhere other than Joe Van Horn, this repair took several months. Since I'm bigger than my mom, I had to drive her Lumina to and from my job in FdL until it was finished.

Katie said...

That recipe looks yummy! I can't wait to try it!

Sorry to hear about the accident. Doesn't it always seem to happen right after you get a new car? I'm just glad everyone is okay. Good luck with the repair - I hope everything goes smoothly!

Katie